Sunday, September 2, 2012


There  Are  Painted  Ferns And then there are really Painted Ferns.
This one is particularly white, it is amazing  how they stay pure and white in this intensely Hot Summer Heat . 
It’s called ‘Ghost’ and it came from Plant Delights.

IMG_0495

Though most are already finished, there are still
some Clematis scrambling,

IMG_1261-1
and Calla Lilies
IMG_1264

and my Voodoo Lilies.
Note that the ganesha (Remover of all Obstacles)is almost 3 feet
tall, so you can easily calculate the towering stature of the
Voodoo Lily that umbrellas him/or is it her/I think
maybe it’s an ‘it’.

IMG_1267
The gorgeous leafhead of Arisaema consanguinem.
IMG_1270

The significant tripartite leaves of other Arisaema:
The lower one is Arisaema costatum, the bigger one – I think – is Arisaema griffithii var Pradhani – the bronze bird was once an andiron.

IMG_1250

The reason I don’t know exactly which one it
is – well…. just guess…. because I didn’t use my

And the seed pod of Arisaema sikokianum.
IMG_1274


No comments: