Monday, March 4, 2013

No Winter Doldrums @ Dianne B



As a Garden lover,  it doesn’t take too very much to excite me:

IMG_1404

These promising green shoots fill me with joy, 
not quite sure if galanthus or little iris or early daffodils or 
what…but who cares? 
  The reason I plant  more bulbs each year is to be in for those
scintillating little surprises.

P1010924

The hold-your-breathiness of the first spotting of a thick
old patch of snowdrops.

The colors of these Leucothoe ‘Rainbow’ leaves are only this good
in the harshest of conditions.

IMG_1407

Hellebores pushing through the ice make me happy.

IMG_1381

BUT  the Most Exciting Treasure of the 2013 season
( so far, of course)
Is the tiny, but unbelievably exhilarating blooming of  cyclamen coum.

P1010802

This is the first time I have gotten actual blooms in oh so many tries…
So hooray for  Edelweiss Pernennials

Excerpted from DIRTIER: Volume 45.
Read it in its entirety Here.



No comments: