Saturday, October 10, 2009

Turned On By A Tuber

It's the little delights that often make my day. As a more-than-grown woman you wouldn't think the sight of an Arisaema tuber, no matter how healthy and pink, could elicit a screech of pleasure, but it did. Filled with life and fraught with growing buds galore, this big fat tuber caused me to circle around the garden for - at least - fifteen minutes - clutching its little protective plastic moss-filled bag - trying to decide where to place this one pricey tuber (franchetianum, a kind I have never tried before)...


I realize it may not look like much to you, but to me it was heaven and Siskiyou Rare Plant Nursery (http://www.siskiyourareplantnursery.com/) gets a huge thumbs-up for delivering this gorgeous sure-to-be-amazing tuber and other very nice whoppingly healthy plants - of course, it's those shipping charges from Oregon that always get you; but what can you do...you go where you have to go.

No comments: