Monday, June 29, 2009

Retraction


Experience has taught me that all of the florid opinions in my book Dirt were not necessarily right: I hereby officially retract my dictum about "never move a tree peony" and some drivel about partial sun. The two oldest bushes from my early shadier garden were torn out of the ground rather hastily and lustily at the last minute and not only survived the move, but have since flourished in the hottest,and sunniest spot on the divine new acre. One of the was gift from a tasteful friend, Kimi Sato, who sent it directly from Japan because it was touted as the breakthrough Blue Tree Peony and he knew I had to have it. Well of course, it is not blue but it is not incarnadine either -- it is the most boisterous shade of magenta you can image and it is huge.

No comments: